Andela EPIC Event 2023 for Savvy African Techies. Apply beneath.
When is Software Deadline?
tenth November 2022
What’s the Award?
As 2022 attracts to an in depth, it’s time to stage up the enjoying discipline for the yr forward – and have some enjoyable within the course of. Andela’s EPIC Event is the techie event of a lifetime, and we would like you to hitch our international premier league. Upskill in coding, develop your group, and win as much as $10,000 USD in money prizes with the EPIC Event! Again of the online!
The EPIC Code Event is a sport of two halves: a coding problem and a hackathon.
The primary half is the two-week coding problem, the place you’ll kind gifted groups or work individually to share your coding abilities with the world and signify your area!
Then 16 fortunate successful groups or people will transfer on to the second half; The Distant Work Pressure Hackathon, the place they’ll have ten days to construct a novel answer to assist distant employees world wide – and the possibility to win the Epic Code Event!
The 16 groups will then current their options to a panel of business consultants and know-how leaders to compete for 3 money prizes.
Which Nations are Eligible?
What Kind of Award is This?
How are Candidates Chosen?
Solely the highest 16 performing groups/people from the Coding Problem will compete for the ultimate prize.
What is the Benefit of Award?
The 16 teams will then present their solutions to a panel of industry experts and technology leaders to compete for three cash prizes:
- 1st place: $6k USD
- 2nd place: $3k USD
- 3rd place: $1k USD
Find out more
How to Apply:
Kick-off: November 11
Final whistle: November 25
- You can register as an individual or with a team of up to 5 participants.
- After kick-off, you’ll have until November 25 to start the challenge.
- Once started, you’ll have 3 hours to complete four coding challenges using modern programming languages.
- You’ll receive a digital certificate celebrating your achievements upon completion.
REMOTE WORKFORCE HACKATHON
Kick-off: November 28
Final whistle: December 7
- Only 16 teams or individuals worldwide will be able to represent their respective countries.
- Ten days to build a functional prototype.
- Create a 3-minute pitch.
- Help other Remote Workers improve their experience.
THE GRAND FINAL
Tournament Final: December 8
- Teams will have 3 minutes to demo their solutions to a judging panel of industry experts, with an additional 2 minutes for Q&A.
- The Judging panel will choose the 3 top teams based on the following criteria: Creativity, feasibility, scalability, and impact.
- Three winners will each receive a share of $10,000 USD in cash prizes.
Find out more
It’s easy to take part in Andela’s EPIC Tournament 2022:
- Find a team (or decide to play solo).
- Pick a team captain.
- Complete the form.
- Create your team’s profile.
- Choose the perfect time between November 11 and 26 to kick off the coding challenge and (hopefully) progress to the final!