The challenge ‘Scaling digital agriculture improvements via startups’ (SAIS), applied by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Financial Cooperation and Growth (BMZ), has launched its Name for Functions for the primary GIIZ-SAIS Funding Readiness Programme.
Utility Deadline: thirty first October 2022
Eligible Nations: African nations
In regards to the Award: Have you ever efficiently developed revolutionary digital options for the agricultural and meals sector with a optimistic impression on earnings era? Are you continue to searching for firm growth assist to scale your enterprise and improve your impression?
The GIZ-SAIS Funding Readiness Programme supplies tailored firm growth measures geared toward bettering your funding readiness and getting access to funding and enterprise alternatives.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the SAIS Funding Readiness Programme, you have to meet the next circumstances:
- It’s important to be registered and function in Africa
- It’s important to present a certificates of registration
- You need to have a founding group of at the very least two individuals who work ideally full time for the start-up
- Your founding and administration group ought to have entrepreneurial and technical expertise of their space of operation
- You need to have a viable digital product that positively impacts the incomes of its clients
- Your product should have a optimistic impression on the African AgTech, FoodTech or livestock sector (vertical sectors which have an affect might be accepted like eCommerce, FinTech, Logistics, EdTech and many others)
Market entry and traction
- You need to have launched your digital product at the very least six months earlier than the applying interval
- Your start-up has to offer proof of traction (buyer base, first income)
- Your start-up ought to have an simply comprehensible and convincing enterprise mannequin.
- Your start-up ought to have a transparent assertion of the issue, clear digital answer, clear buyer section, and clear income stream.
Add-ons (However not musts)
- You may have girls in your founding group or as senior managers
- You or considered one of your founding group members has an IT background
- You and your founding group members have earlier start-up expertise
- Together with your product you goal a weak group of shoppers
Choice Standards: Initiatives shall be chosen on the premise of an utility that showcases:
- a convincing enterprise mannequin,
- a highly-motivated group that ideally displays gender equality and variety,
- and presents a digital product that’s scalable, demonstrably purposeful, user-oriented, commercially viable and makes use of sustainable technical options whereas additionally, ideally, selling gender equality within the agriculture and meals sector.
Variety of Awards: Not specified
Worth of Award:
Common periods of customized teaching with native and worldwide consultants
Tailor-made to your particular and particular person wants, throughout which methods and measures for fast development shall be developed and applied.
Entry to on-line coaching (tailor-made)
Structured round a number of key themes to develop your start-up additional, e. g. Pitch Coaching, Progress Technique, Knowledge Analytics & Administration, Time period Sheet, Valuation, Market Evaluation, Advertising and marketing & Gross sales, and so forth.
Integrating you into a neighborhood hub (elective)
To get you a office for six months and facilitate contacts with main gamers within the native start-up scene, if wanted.
Entry to further companies
to optimize sure key areas of your enterprise, e. g. authorized recommendation, on-line advertising, digital product optimization, design, and coding.
Entry to the GIZ community
of our world presence, native experience, far-reaching networks, and years of expertise working with the non-public sector, buyers, and enterprise companions. The community will help you to enhance the visibility and contacts with start-ups nationally and internationally via participation in nationwide, regional, and worldwide occasions devoted to African entrepreneurs.
Add-on: Programme for Feminine Leaders
Along with the above-mentioned, we provide particular assist for feminine founders and girls in main positions of the start-ups:
- Our Feminine Chief Circle meets with the goal of bringing girls in management positions collectively, networking and studying from one another. Enter periods on matters which can be of particular curiosity for feminine leaders function a place to begin for dialogue.
- A bi-annual Feminine Founders Award acknowledges the achievement of feminine founder.
How one can Apply: Apply
Visit Award Webpage for Details