The GloCal Well being Fellowship gives aspiring international well being researchers with excellent interdisciplinary schooling and coaching in modern analysis designed to enhance well being for populations around the globe.
Utility Deadline: 1st November 2022
Eligible International locations: One of many 17 GloCal creating nations & USA
To be Taken at (Nation): USA
In regards to the Award: The GloCal Well being Fellowship helps a 12-month, mentored analysis fellowship for investigators excited by learning illnesses and situations in creating nations. The fellowship is designed for: US doctoral college students (PhD, DrPH, and many others.), skilled college students (MD, DDS, DVM, PharmD, and many others.) and postdoctoral fellows, in addition to overseas postdoctoral fellows from affiliated worldwide websites in low- and middle-income nations (LMICs). Preferrred candidates will suggest analysis in areas comparable to, however not restricted to:
- Social and behavioral science
- Public well being
- Veterinary and primary sciences
Prime-tier international well being school from the UC campuses and worldwide websites mentor fellows within the GloCal Well being Fellowship program, thus partaking in wealthy and enduring experiences that foster scientific and profession improvement in international well being analysis.
Fellows accepted into this program should spend not less than 11 consecutive months throughout their 12-month fellowship at their worldwide analysis websites. All fellows take part within the UCSF on-line Accountable Conduct of Analysis course firstly of their fellowship. Pre-doctoral fellows additionally take the net course in Designing Scientific Analysis. All fellows should take part in a week-long orientation on the NIH in Washington, D.C. firstly of their fellowship.
- You’re eligible to use, in case you have an affiliation with one of many 20 GloCal worldwide websites.
- US Postdoctoral fellows affiliated with UC: You’re eligible to use. In case you are from a UC campus not a part of the GloCal consortium (UCD, UCSD, UCSF, UCLA), then you will need to additionally set up a mentor from one of many 4 consortium campuses.
- US Postdoctoral fellows not affiliated with UC: You’re eligible to use, however should set up a UC mentor (from one of many 4 GloCal consortium campuses) who’s prepared to nominate you in his/her division if accepted into the fellowship.
- UC Superior doctoral college students (PhD, DrPh, and many others): You’re eligible to use in case you have superior to candidacy by the point the fellowship begins. Your dissertation analysis is anticipated to be your GloCal undertaking, along with your dissertation advisor serving in your fellowship mentoring crew.
- UC Senior skilled college students (MD, DDS, DVM, and many others): You’re eligible to use in case you have accomplished your primary science programs and one yr of scientific coaching earlier than you start the fellowship.
- Undergraduate or Grasp’s degree college students: You’re NOT eligible to use for this fellowship.
Eligible fellows should:
- Be residents of the US or its territories or possessions, or individuals lawfully admitted to the US for everlasting residence,
- OR if they’re worldwide postdocs, have to be residents from one of many 17 low- and middle-income nations (LMICs) within the GloCal Well being Fellowship Program. Worldwide Postdoc fellows from LMICs should perform their fellowships of their dwelling nations.
- Have demonstrated curiosity in, and assertion of dedication to, a profession in international well being analysis.
- Have help from two dedicated school mentors after they apply. Extra on mentors under.
Accepted GloCal fellows should have help from three dedicated school mentors. A mentor crew consists of 1 mentor from every of the classes under:
- One of many 4 UC GloCal Consortium campuses (UC Davis, UCLA, UC San Diego, and UCSF) – required with software.
- An affiliated worldwide website – required with software.
- A “trans” mentor who’s a senior investigator from a special discipline of experience and/or a special geographic location than the guy – should determine as soon as accepted to this system.
- Please notice: if you’re making use of from one of many six UC campuses not a part of the Consortium, the advice is to have your third “trans” mentor be somebody from your house establishment
In case you are in search of a mentor, please attain out to one of many worldwide website contacts, or consult with the mentor listing under.
- Mentor Checklist
- Expectations of GloCal mentors are outlined within the Mentorship Compact
Variety of Awards: Not specified
Worth of Award: GloCal Well being Fellowships, which start yearly in July, present:
- 12 consecutive months of stipend help
- Analysis funding ($15,000)
- Journey prices to and from the worldwide discipline website
- Help for on-line programs
- Per week-long orientation on the Nationwide Institutes of Well being campus in Washington, D.C.
Length of Award: 12 months
The right way to Apply for GloCal Well being Fellowship: To use, please complete the online application and supply the required supporting paperwork by the deadline. It can save you your work on the appliance at any time by scrolling to the underside and clicking on the “Save and Return Later” button. After saving, you can be given a code to return to the appliance.
Please anticipate the appliance deadline to keep away from a last-minute submission, as no exceptions shall be made for purposes acquired after the deadline. If in case you have any questions associated to the net software course of, please contact Kimberly Bale.
- You will need to undergo all
software necessities within the Award Webpage (see Hyperlink under) earlier than making use of.
Visit GloCal Health Fellowship Webpage for Details