Functions are open for the Authorities of Japan Younger Leaders Program (YLP) for 2023 tutorial yr. These scholarships can be found for worldwide college students to pursue a grasp’s program in Public Administration/Public Coverage, Native Governance, Healthcare Administration, Enterprise Administration and Legislation from October 2023 in Japan.
Utility Deadline: The deadline of the functions differs based on the nation. Please contact with Japanese embassy or consulate common in your nation.
- YLP in Authorities: P. R. China, Rep. of Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Brunei Darussalam, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Australia, Hungary, Czech, Slovakia, Poland, Bulgaria, Romania, Turkey. (29 Nations)
- YLP in Native Governance: P. R. China, Republic of Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, India, Pakistan, Turkey, Hungary, Czech, Poland, Romania (20 Nations)
- YLP in Healthcare Administration: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Poland, Romania, Thailand, Uzbekistan, and Vietnam (15 international locations in alphabetical order)
- YLP in Enterprise Administration: Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, the Philippines,
P. R. China, Rep. of Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam (15 international locations)
- YLP in Legislation Course: P. R. China, Rep. of Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, Mongolia, Singapore, India, South Africa, Turkey and Bhutan (16 Nations)
To be taken at (nation): Japan
In regards to the Authorities of Japan Younger Leaders Program: The Younger Leaders Programme (YLP) goals to contribute to the fostering of future nationwide leaders in Asian and different international locations. As well as, whereas deepening the contributors’ understanding about Japan, it ought to assist type a community amongst nationwide leaders, contributing to the institution of pleasant relationships and improved coverage planning actions amongst Asian and different international locations, together with Japan.
Launched in 2001 by the Ministry of Schooling, Tradition, Sports activities, Science and Know-how (MEXT) of the Authorities of Japan, the Younger Leaders Programme (YLP) is a yearlong tutorial scholarship program that goals to arrange and empower younger professionals from all around the world for future management roles of their respective fields.
Sort: Postgraduate (Masters)
- Nationality: Candidates should be nationals of nations eligible for the Younger Leaders Programme (YLP).
- Age: Candidates should be, in precept, underneath 40 years of age, as on 1st October, 2020 (i.e. born on or after 2nd October 1979).
- Tutorial Background: Candidates should maintain a Bachelor’s diploma or equal from a acknowledged/accredited college or school, and have achieved proven wonderful tutorial efficiency.
- Work Expertise: No less than 3 years of full-time work expertise in public administration (ideally 5 years or extra).
- English Proficiency: A minimal TOEFL-iBT rating of 79 (TOEFL-PBT rating of 550), IELTS 6.0 or equal.
- Well being: Candidates should be in good well being.
- Visa Requirement: In precept, chosen candidates should purchase “School Scholar” (ryuugaku) visas earlier than getting into Japan. The visas ought to be issued on the Japanese legation, situated within the nation of candidates’ nationality. Candidates who change their resident standing to any standing aside from “School Scholar” after their arrival in Japan will instantly lose their standing as a Japanese authorities scholarship pupil.
- Candidates who meet all or any of following circumstances should not eligible. If recognized after acceptance of the scholarship grantees, the candidates will probably be required to withdraw from the scholarship:
 If an applicant is a service member or a civilian worker registered on the energetic navy checklist on the time of his/her arrival in Japan;
 Those that can not arrive in Japan in the course of the interval designated by accepting college;
 If an applicant is, in precept, at present enrolled in a Japanese college or different sort of college with the resident standing of “School Scholar,” or will probably be enrolled in a Japanese college, and many others. as one other supply or self-financed worldwide pupil between the time of software for this scholarship in his/her nation and the time the scholarship interval is because of start; or
 Those that will lose their standing as public directors or authorities officers following the time of software or earlier than completion of this system.
Variety of Awardees: Not specified
Worth of Authorities of Japan Younger Leaders Program:
- Allowance: Every grantee will probably be offered month-to-month with 242,000 yen in the course of the scholarship time period. Nevertheless, the allowance quantity will probably be topic to vary relying upon the annual finances of the Japanese authorities for every fiscal yr. The scholarship won’t be paid to a grantee who takes a go away of absence or is lengthy absent from the assigned college.
- Touring Prices:
1) Transportation to Japan: Every grantee will probably be provided normally, accounting to his/her itinerary and route as designated by MEXT, with an economy-class airplane ticket from the worldwide airport nearest to his/her dwelling tackle* to Narita or Haneda Worldwide Airport. Bills corresponding to home transportation from his/her dwelling tackle to the worldwide airport, airport tax, airport utilization charges, particular taxes on journey, or inland transportation inside Japan will NOT be provided.
2) Transportation from Japan: The grantee who returns to his/her dwelling nation throughout the mounted interval after the expiration of his/her scholarship will probably be provided, normally, upon software, with an economy-class airplane ticket for the journey from Narita or Haneda Worldwide Airport to the worldwide airport nearest to his/her dwelling tackle.
- College Charges: Charges for matriculation and tuition will probably be paid by the Japanese authorities.
1) In precept, grantees could reside at residence halls offered by GRIPS.
2) Personal Boarding Homes or House Homes: Those that can not accommodate within the amenities described above will probably be organized at non-public boarding homes or flats really helpful by the GRIPS Scholar Workplace.
Apply for Authorities of Japan Younger Leaders Program: All YLP functions should be made via the particular recommending authorities for every course. Candidates should submit the next paperwork to their recommending authorities by the designated date. Paperwork submitted won’t be returned.
- Utility for Admission
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate establishments attended
- Advice Letter from the recommending authority
- Advice Letter from the applicant’s direct superior at work
- Advice Letter from the applicant’s superior at work, or supervising professor of the college
- Certificates of Well being
- Official diploma certificates or licensed copies of diplomas from all undergraduate and graduate establishments attended
- Essay explaining applicant’s aspirations and future plans following program completion
- Certificates of Citizenship
- Household Register
- Copy of the Passport
- English Proficiency Certificates
- Reply to the Essay Questions
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details