The Friedman College of Vitamin at Tufts College and the London College of Hygiene & Tropical Medication are happy to announce a brand new spherical of one-year Fellowships for rising leaders in agriculture, vitamin, and well being analysis, funded with UK support from the UK authorities by means of the Division for Worldwide Growth (DFID) and the Invoice & Melinda Gates Basis, by means of their programme on Modern Strategies and Metrics for Agriculture and Vitamin Actions (IMMANA)
Software Deadline: 1st February 2023
In regards to the Award: For 2023-24, IMMANA will award six profession improvement Fellowships to researchers who’re validating and making use of modern strategies and metrics to measure change and impacts of coverage or program interventions in agriculture, vitamin and well being in low- and middle- revenue nations (LMICs).
Proposals will embrace plans for assist from two Mentors, one from the applicant’s present or earlier employer or educational establishment, and one from a bunch establishment the place the applicant proposes to advance their work, with at the least one of many two being bodily positioned in Africa or Asia.
Eligible candidates for an IMMANA Fellowship could come from any nation or background, however may have an earned doctorate (PhD, DPhil, DPH, MD, DVM or related diploma) in fields associated to agriculture, vitamin or well being and be constructing a profession in analysis, training, and engagement on the intersection of two or extra of those fields.
IMMANA Fellowships will goal for equal illustration of men and women. We significantly welcome early-career functions and residents of LMIC nations in addition to people with analysis or school appointments in Sub-Saharan Africa or South Asia.
- Eligible candidates may have accomplished a doctoral diploma (PhD, DPhil, DPH, MD, DVM or related terminal diploma) in any subject associated to agriculture, vitamin or well being analysis and follow, and be actively engaged in analysis, training, and engagement on the intersection of two or extra of those fields.
- Eligible candidates should not have any greater than 3 years of post-PhD expertise previous to their proposed Fellowship begin date.
- We anticipate that IMMANA Fellows will convey various views to management in agriculture, vitamin, and well being. IMMANA Fellowships will goal for equal illustration of men and women, and we significantly welcome functions from residents of LMIC nations.
- Candidates should suggest to to validation and/or apply a recently-developed methodological method to agriculture, vitamin and well being analysis below the joint supervision of two Mentors, one from the applicant’s present or earlier employer or educational establishment, and one from a bunch establishment the place the applicant proposes to advance their work.
- At the very least one of many two Mentors should be bodily positioned in Sub-Saharan Africa or South Asia
- The 2 mentors needn’t have equal roles within the challenge, however having each be concerned ought to assist speed up analysis and sharing of concepts between the Fellow’s house and host environments.
- We’re significantly keen on candidates who goal to construct careers or have already got institutional affiliations in a analysis institute or college in Sub-Saharan Africa or South Asia, however candidates could also be of any nationality and have earned their doctorate wherever.
Choice & Standards:
- Profitable functions will construct on the candidate’s earlier analysis, proposing a 12-month workplan to check and use new strategies and metrics to information enhancements in agriculture and meals methods for vitamin and well being.
- Proposals will specify the present information and strategies they are going to convey to the challenge, and a sensible timeline for brand spanking new information assortment (if any), evaluation and writing wanted to finish new scientific manuscripts.
- Functions shall be ranked based mostly on real looking potential for submission of highimpact publications to specified goal journals or different scientific shops throughout the Fellowship 12 months
Variety of Awardees: 6
Worth of Scholarship: Throughout the 12 month interval, Fellows will obtain the next monetary assist:
- A set stipend of £40,800 paid in quarterly instalments in opposition to passable completion of programme milestones.
- A analysis allowance of £9,000 to cowl journey and different fieldwork bills, additionally paid as lump sums for achievement of programme milestones.
- An honorarium of £2,100 to every of the mentors paid in two instalments at mid-term and finish of the 12 months, on submission of a passable mentorship report.
Throughout their Fellowship 12 months, profitable candidates will full and submit for publication at the least one probably high-impact analysis discovering, which they may even talk by means of scientific teams together with the
Agriculture, Vitamin and Well being Academy. IMMANA Fellows are anticipated to play an energetic function within the ANH Academy, bringing various views to management throughout disciplinary and institutional boundaries.
The IMMANA programme goals for equal illustration of men and women with a variety of experience, and we significantly welcome functions from residents of LMIC nations.
Length of Scholarship: 12 months.
Find out how to Apply: Candidates ought to submit the next info by means of our submission web site:
The deadline for full proposal submission is by 11:59 PM EST on 1 February 2023.
- You will need to undergo all utility necessities within the Award Webpage (see Hyperlink beneath) earlier than making use of.
Visit Fellowship Webpage for details