The Université de Montréal offers a range of scholarships and financial aid programs to support its students. These scholarships are aimed at both domestic and international students and cover various academic disciplines. Here are some of the scholarships available at the Université de Montréal:
- Merit Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to outstanding undergraduate and graduate students based on their academic achievements. The selection criteria may include GPA, research contributions, and extracurricular involvement.
- Entrance Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to newly admitted undergraduate students based on their academic records and sometimes require an application. They are typically renewable for multiple years based on maintaining a certain GPA.
- Excellence Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to graduate students who demonstrate exceptional academic performance and research potential. The selection criteria may vary depending on the specific graduate program.
- International Student Scholarships: The university offers scholarships specifically for international students who are pursuing undergraduate or graduate studies. These scholarships can help offset tuition fees and living expenses.
- Research Scholarships: The university provides funding opportunities for research activities to both undergraduate and graduate students. These scholarships support students’ involvement in research projects and may be awarded based on academic merit or specific research proposals.
- Provincial and Federal Scholarships: Students may also be eligible for scholarships offered by the provincial government of Quebec or the federal government of Canada. These scholarships are typically based on various criteria such as academic performance, financial need, or specific eligibility requirements.
It’s important to note that scholarship offerings may change over time, and new opportunities may become available. Therefore, it is recommended to visit the official website of the Université de Montréal or contact their scholarship office for the most up-to-date information on available scholarships and application processes.