The University of Waterloo in Canada offers several scholarships and funding opportunities for international students. These scholarships are intended to support exceptional students who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership potential, and a commitment to making a positive impact in their communities. Here are some of the prominent scholarships available at the University of Waterloo:
- International Master’s and Doctoral Awards: These awards are available to international students pursuing a research-based master’s or doctoral program at the University of Waterloo. The scholarships provide funding to cover tuition and living expenses for a specified duration.
- President’s Scholarship of Distinction: This is a prestigious scholarship for outstanding international students entering the first year of an undergraduate program at the University of Waterloo. Recipients of this scholarship receive full tuition coverage for up to four years of study.
- International Student Entrance Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to international students applying for an undergraduate program at the University of Waterloo. The scholarship amounts vary, and they are based on academic performance.
- David Johnston – Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards: These awards provide funding for international experiences, such as exchange programs, internships, or research opportunities, to undergraduate students at the University of Waterloo. The awards aim to foster global understanding and enhance students’ academic and personal development.
- Ontario Trillium Scholarships: Although not specific to international students, the Ontario Trillium Scholarships are highly competitive awards available to exceptional domestic and international doctoral students studying at participating universities in Ontario, including the University of Waterloo. These scholarships provide significant financial support and are renewable annually.
It’s important to note that scholarship eligibility criteria, application deadlines, and award amounts can change over time. Therefore, I recommend visiting the official University of Waterloo website or contacting their admissions or international student office directly to get the most up-to-date and accurate information on available scholarships and their application processes.